Your cart is currently empty.
Ok, y'all....wrangle those kids of yours...it's time to make FRUIT PIZZA!!! Fruit pizza is the perfect kid's recipe. Its easy, not tooooo messy, super-duper yummy...AND, AND, ANNNND...it gets them eating FRUIT! We'll count that as a WIN!!! ;)
With a few simple ingredients and store bought sugar cookie dough, this fruit pizza couldn't be easier to make. And, yep...you read that right! Sometimes, we grab the pre-made dough, too!
Our kiddos, Cora, Lily and Sam, couldn't wait to dive in to start decorating. This gang was gobbling up the blueberries faster than they could spread on the icing. Don't worry...they did save a few for the pizza.
2 16.5 oz Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough
2 8oz blocks Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1 cup confectioner's sugar
1 cup Cool Whip
Fruit: Strawberries, Blueberries (pick your faves)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 9x13 baking sheet with baking spray. (We prefer Baker's Joy)
2. Open tubes of cookie dough and gently press into baking sheet.
3. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until edges start to slightly brown.
4. Cool completely before icing and decorating with fruit.
5. In bowl of stand mixer combine cream cheese, confectioner's sugar and cool whip.
6. Mix on medium speed until combined and smooth.
7. Use a spatula to spread icing over entire baked cookie.
8. Slice strawberries.
9. Decorate with strawberries and blueberries, or your desired fruit.
*Refrigerate fruit pizza until ready to serve.
We hope you enjoyed a behind the scenes look at our little bakers creating their fruit pizza masterpiece! We were envisioning a red, white and blue patriotic fruit flag for the design, but ya know...when you have 3 kids with minds of their own, you get randomly tossed berries instead! What's funny, is we like the organic look they came up with better than our original idea anyhow. Sometimes, you just have to step back and let the kids create their own magic, right?
We hope you'll give this recipe a try with your favorite fruit! Please tag us with your finished pizzas @ellenjaysweets #nothinsgooderthansugar
Lauren, Jennifer & Team ellenJAY