Your cart is currently empty.
Lauren and Miss Lily have been back in the kitchen again! These two ladies were feeling alllll the fall vibes even though it's still be hotter than HOT here on the Gulf Coast. After gathering a few simple ingredients, they whipped up our very FIRST treat featuring everyone's favorite fall flavor: PUMPKIN. Since chocolate makes an appearance in our ellenJAY kitchen every single day, we decided pumpkin and chocolate chips were the perfect pairing for our latest cookie bar recipe.
If the smell of fall fills our kitchens, maybe the weather will finally start to cooperate. With fingers crossed, let's get baking this kid friendly recipe!
PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BARS
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
2 Tbsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups pumpkin purée
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp Salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray 9x13 pan with baking spray.
3. In bowl of stand mixer beat butter on medium until creamy.
4. Add in sugars and mix until fluffy.
5. Mix in egg, vanilla and pumpkin purée.
6. In medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Then pour this mixture into the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
7. Fold in the 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips, reserve 1/4 cup to sprinkle on top.
8. Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
9. Bake for 25-30 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
Happy FALL Baking!! If you make these delicious cookie bars at home, please be sure to tag us @ellenjaysweets on Instagram. Let us know what you think!
All the best!
Lauren, Jennifer & Team ellenJAY