Your cart is currently empty.
These are the absolute cutest and easiest DIY pencil cookies perfect for Back to School snacks or class treats! With only a few simple ingredients and your best little helper, you can whip these up in no time!
Vanilla Creme Sugar Wafer Cookies
White Ghirardelli Chocolate Melts
Pink Color Gel
Mini Chocolate Chips
1. Spread a piece of parchment paper out on your counter for your work surface.
2. Using a sharp serrated knife cut the tops of one side of the sugar wafers into a "pencil point" using a slow sawing motion.
3. Melt white chocolate in microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals stirring after each until fully melted, about 1-2 minutes.
4. Transfer half of the melted chocolate into a second bowl and add a small drop of pink gel coloring and stir until you have a light pink color for the "pencil eraser."
5. Dip the flat edge of the sugar wafers into the pink chocolate and place on parchment paper. Dip all the "erasers" first.
6. Then dip the pointy end of each cookie into the white chocolate to create the "sharpened pencil" look.
7. Dip one cookie tip at a time in the chocolate and immediately add a mini chocolate chip for the "pencil lead" so it sticks before the chocolate hardens.
8. Allow cookies to completely dry before transferring to an airtight container or packaging individually in favor bags.
9. Give to your friends or enjoy for yourself!!
We know your kids are gonna love this fast and easy pencil cookie recipe! They're perfect for Back to School or anytime of year when you need a simple treat.
Enjoy! Be sure to tag us on Instagram @ellenjaysweets so we can see your very own cookies!
All the Best!
Lauren, Jennifer and Team ellenJAY