Your cart is currently empty.
Lucky for you, we've decided to share our yummy Birthday Cake Ice Cream Sammie recipe! Featured in Mobile Bay Magazine, our Birthday Cake Ice Cream Sammie is the perfect treat to keep you cool on a hot summer day. After gobbling up the mouthwatering cookie, ice cream, and sprinkle combination, your family will be hungry for more!
Birthday Cake Ice Cream Sammie Recipe
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup rainbow jimmies, divided
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 gallon Cammie’s Old Dutch birthday cake ice cream
- Cream butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer on medium speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla extract, and beat until well- combined.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture on low speed until well-combined. Mix in the jimmies and chocolate chips. Chill dough for 1 - 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Use a cookie scoop or large spoon to place round balls of dough on cookie sheet spaced 1 - 2 inches apart. Gently flatten the dough balls with your hand. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes.
- Let cookies cool and freeze in an airtight container until firm, about 1 - 2 hours.
- Use ice cream scoop to dip a ball of Cammie’s birthday cake ice cream onto one cookie. Grab a second cookie and place on top of scooped ice cream to create a sammie. Roll sammies in rainbow jimmies or mini chocolate chips to garnish (optional).
- Continue with remaining cookies and enjoy immediately or freeze until firm. Makes 9.
Photo Credit: Elizabeth Gelineau Photography