Your cart is currently empty.
If you're looking for a super easy and yummy dessert for EASTER look no further! This recipe is a family favorite that we have been making for years and can be whipped up in no time with ONE bowl and a spatula! Ok, that might be a tiny lie...you will need to whip out your mixer for the cream cheese icing, but the cake can seriously be made in a matter of minutes in one bowl! Grab your little assistants and head to the kitchen for a little quarantine baking!
We hope you enjoy this yummy CARROT CAKE!⠀⠀⠀⠀
FOR THE CAKE:⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
2 cups sugar⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
1 1/2 cups oil⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
2 cups all purpose flour⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
2 tsp baking powder⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
2 tsp baking soda⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
1 tsp salt⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
3 tsp cinnamon⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
3 cups shredded carrots⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
1 8oz can crushed pineapple, drained⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 9x13 pan with.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
2. In large bowl combine sugar and oil and mix well.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
3. Add eggs, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, pineapple and nuts and mix until incorporated.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
4. Fold in the carrots.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
5. Pour mixture into prepared pan.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
6. Bake for 30-40 minutes (checking with a toothpick).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
7. Allow to cool completely before frosting with Cream Cheese Icing.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
CREAM CHEESE ICING:⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
8 oz Cream Cheese, softened⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
1 stick unsalted butter, softened⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
4 cups powdered sugar⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
2 tsp vanilla⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
1. In bowl of stand mixer combine cream cheese, butter and vanilla and mix on medium high for 2-3 minutes until creamy.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
2. Gradually incorporate powdered sugar and continue to mix on medium until smooth and creamy.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
3. Spread icing over cake using an offset spatula. Reserving some to make the carrots.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
4. Make gently horizontal and vertical lines in the icing with a knife to create 24 sections.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
TO DECORATE WITH CARROTS:⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Tip # 5⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Tip # 233⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
2 Piping Bags⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Green Color Gel⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Orange Color Gel⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
1. Tint icing orange and green and place in piping bags with @wiltoncakes piping tips #5 for the carrot and #233 for the green top.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
2. Pipe an orange triangle in a zig zag motion for the carrot on each section.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
3. Pipe two squeezes of green icing on top of each carrot.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Lily is hard at work creating her carrot masterpieces.
Can y'all guess which carrots Lily piped? A little clue...they're the 8 at the bottom!
Sam snuck in and is anxiously awaiting a slice or two! He's my little cake lover!
Oh hey! Lily is rewarding herself with a few icing squirts from the piping bag! She's definitely the icing bag eating expert around here.
The cutest little carrots from the cutest little 4 year old! We hope you all have a wonderful Easter!